Online School Calendar
The SOCS electronic calendar can be found on the front page of Dragonfly, or via this link (they may appear in a different colour but are the same calendar): http://calendar.stgeorgesweybridge.com/Staff
As there are some entries that are not relevant to parents but need to be on the calendar, IT have added a category ‘Internal only’ which does exactly what it says on the tin. Please use this for any meetings, staff training etc. However, for a member of staff to see any calendar entries under this category, you must be logged in. You can log in to the calendar with your usual school details by clicking on the Staff Login option.
The calendar is shared with the College, however, you are able to filter the view of the calendar to just see the Junior School entries. This will include all approved, published and un-approved (penciled in events). Click on the Filter button:
And then select Junior School. You can also filter as few or as may categories as you like. Note: keep internal only selected.
Please note that the ‘Staff’ category is a public group and any event tagged with this will also be visible to parents.
For meetings, staff training etc., please use ‘Internal Only’ category.
You are able to export the filters you are interested in to populate your own calendar, should you wish. If you choose to do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Select ‘Calendar Exports’ from the Administrator drop down on the top right hand corner
- Select Option 2 – Select parts of the calendar to export
- Use the filters to select what you would like to see, then select iCalendar Published Events - Click on ‘Get Link’ and then in the ‘Your Export’ box, click on the blue link starting webcal:
- You will get a pop up asking how you want to open this – click on Outlook and ‘ok’
- You will receive a message asking if you want to add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates – click yes
- Please note – this will not put any ‘penciled in’ events into your calendar, only published
Page 2 of 2