Reminder of the OneNote class sections:
- Collaboration space can be edited by the teacher as well as all students
- Content library can only be edited by teacher but can be viewed by students
- Teacher only can only be edited and viewed by the teacher
- Individual student areas can be edited and view by the teacher and the specific student
How to open OneNote:
- Open up OneNote for Windows 10 in your windows menu. Do not choose ‘OneNote’ as this is an older version. I would right click OneNote for Windows 10 and ‘pin to taskbar’
How to create and activate a class notebook in Teams:
- Go to the Team for a particular class, and click on the ‘Class Notebook’ tab. Depending on your Teams view, it will look like one of these views:
- Click on ‘set up a OneNote class notebook’ and choose ‘blank notebook’
- Click ‘next’ and ‘create’ for the next two windows and then let Teams spend 30 seconds building your OneNote. You can use this OneNote notebook from within Teams but it’s a bit clunky so it’s better if…………………..
How to open the new class OneNote notebook in OneNote:
- Once you have activated a OneNote notebook in Teams then go to OneNote and click on the ‘name @ St George’s Weybridge’ dropdown menu in the top left of OneNote:
- Scroll down and click on ‘more notebooks’:
- Put a tick in the box of the notebooks you want to open. Then click ‘open’. These OneNote notebooks should then be saved forever in OneNote.